Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Bloody sick

I am sick, really really sick. After I came back from a wedding of my co-worker in Napa Valley this weekend,I woke up with a fever,cough, running nose and a bad nightmare.
Today, I took a day off knowing that my unit have enough staff. I haven't taken any cold medications. Instead, I slept all day and by the end of the day I went to my cousin's house and got good two cups of Ethiopian coffee. It sure did make me feel better.
This is the thing, although I am a nurse I hate taking medications. I like my own immune system to fight those viruses. So, Tylenol and Sudafed is last option for my once in a while cold. Instead, I substitute medication with tea or coffee, soft Kleenex and sleep.
Anyhoo,when I get sick like this I wish my mom is with me. I want someone to takecare of me. I want my mom to make me soup or touch my forhead with her hand to check if I have a fever or not.
So, if I don't feel better by tomorrow. my immune system going to be:
Sudafed
Benadryl
Tylenol
more Kleenex
and human touch(wink)

No comments: